Associate Principal Engineer
East Hanover, New Jersey, United States
Birmingham, United Kingdom
How you will contribute:
In this role, you define and lead equipment design and development programs for global cross category team. This includes leading innovation and quality improvements programs by embedding digital and modeling capabilities. You will offer consumer insights to provide input to programs and to help define a technical strategy that can be enabled by equipment and digital solutions. As relatively senior member of the global packaging team, you will also develop the technical program strategy, and build strong partnerships with RDQ, Enterprise Engineering, and Procurement. You will also ensure there is a robust intellectual property strategy in place, manage all relevant compliance policies and government regulations.
What you will bring:
A desire to drive your future and accelerate your career by applying your experience and knowledge:
- 10 years Minimum experience in equipment engineering and computational science.
- Extensive experience with collecting and using data as an asset for development, including SPC and/or IL6S principles and FEA experience.
- Successful track record in project management and implementation of new ideas.
- Demonstrated thought leadership and drive for results, with ability to formulate strategy while planning and problem solving in a dynamic and outcome-oriented environment.
- Ability to lead multi-functional and multi-cultural project teams.
- Ability to leverage internal and external resources and working in a highly matrixed environment.
- An affinity for innovation and resiliency in the face of challenges
This role is focused on the future and how we can use digital tools to design equipment/manufacturing systems that improve packaging quality and build better (innovative, cost effective) packaging bundles. The role could grow to include managing 2-4 direct reports, and is accountable to deliver:
- Develop equipment solutions for new packaging formats and materials based on enterprise-wide opportunities.
- Build the Packaging CED&T Innovation/Productivity pipeline for 2025+
- Proactively identify opportunities to improve equipment design prior to large capital investments.
- Embed best in class packaging quality tools on packaging equipment for current and new lines
- Help drive the M&S and Digital Transformation agenda by applying digital tools to programs
- Upskill the organization in data science and modeling & simulation capabilities
Bachelor’s Degree Required
No Relocation support available
Business Unit Summary
The United States is the largest market in the Mondelēz International family with a significant employee and manufacturing footprint. Here, we produce our well-loved household favorites to provide our consumers with the right snack, at the right moment, made the right way. We have corporate offices, sales, manufacturing and distribution locations throughout the U.S. to ensure our iconic brands—including Oreo and Chips Ahoy! cookies, Ritz, Wheat Thins and Triscuit crackers, and Swedish Fish and Sour Patch Kids confectionery products —are close at hand for our consumers across the country.
Mondelēz Global LLC is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law. Applicants who require accommodation to participate in the job application process may contact 847-943-5460 for assistance.
Where permitted by applicable law, new hires are required to be fully vaccinated with the COVID-19 vaccine as a condition of employment by their date of hire, unless they are granted a medical or religious accommodation. You may review the Mondelēz COVID vaccination policy by visiting the US careers website at https://www.mondelezinternational.com/United-States.
Packaging Development & Engineering
Science & Engineering