Associate IT Project Manager
This role which is based in Dartford currently has a working pattern of 4 days in the office and 1 day working from home.
Would you like to join a dynamic team and contribute towards transforming IT in construction?
As an Associate IT Project Manager for Laing O’Rourke you will play a vital role in helping to turn ideas into products and services. Does planning, executing, and supervising projects or workstreams to meet strategic objectives sound like something you thrive on? Then apply today because we need your expertise to deliver our projects within budget and on time.
If you have the ability to support multiple IT–and–Business facing projects that can span Europe, Australia and the Middle East keep reading.
You will need to be able to support the delivery of IT change projects. This is an ideal opportunity to expand on your experience of planning and management of IT projects or portfolios of projects including requirements capture, design, technical delivery, handover to operations, and business change.
Essential skills and experience you will need:
- Exposure to IT project financials and risk management
- Understand the purpose of change management within organisations
- A keen interest and ability to analyse situations, and coordinate an approach to solve technical problems
- Able to plan with the use of planning tools such as Microsoft Project
- IT Delivery lifecycle from business case to test and implementation knowledge
- Capability to budget, forecast, track and manage project finances
- Ability to communicate with high level stakeholders both internally and externally
This is your chance to bring a pro-active hands-on, driven, and solution-orientated approach. Use your influencing skills to help you achieve the best possible project outcomes, with the right people. As an Associate IT Project Manager you will be able to adapt to situations where the straight forward may be more complex under the surface.
Desired Qualifications and Training:
- Degree qualified or similar on-the-job development
- A Project Management qualification such as (PMI, APMQ, PRINCE2)
- Agile certification or desire to upskill
- Creation and management of detailed plans (Gantt, cost) and other project documentation, and reporting within portfolio management tools
The role will see you support many areas such as Applications, Infrastructure and Network programmes. We want you to support our IT Project Management team and in return we will support your career.
We are an international engineering and construction company delivering state-of-the-art infrastructure and buildings projects for clients in the UK, Middle East and Australia.
Certainty, reliability, quality – this is what our clients want. And at Laing O’Rourke, we have more than 150 years of experience delivering it. Laing O’Rourke’s story is one of energy, passion, ambition, people and teamwork. We harness the power of our experience, stretching back over a century and a half to deliver certainty for our clients.
As part of the Disability Confident scheme, we would like to enable access to candidates with long term health conditions and disabilities through the ‘Offer an interview scheme’. This supports applicants that meet the essential criteria by offering an interview for the advertised position. Please let us know prior to interview what adjustments are required as well as discussing how we can support you in the workplace.
We want to ensure our recruitment process is accessible to all. If you need the application form in an alternative format or you would like to know more about our recruitment process, please email firstname.lastname@example.org