Assistant Information Manager
UK, West Midlands, Birmingham
About the role
Balfour Beatty Vinci has an exciting opportunity for an Assistant Information Manager to join our already successful team working throughout the Birmingham area.
The Information Management aspects will cover design, manufacturing and construction.
This will include assistance with Connected Data Environment (CDE) systems, compliance with processes such as Information Management Plan and BIM Execution Plan. Including, people aspect such as engagement with project delivery teams, Information Management communications and training sessions.
What you’ll be doing
Responsible for assisting the Information Management team in the following areas:
- Ensuring compliance of the Project with HS2 Information Management specifications.
- Ensure appropriate use of CDE systems by the delivery and integration teams and supply chain members based upon the above-mentioned requirements and processes.
- Comply with the Projects standards and processes within the document control team.
- Compliance with the Projects MIDP (Master Information Delivery Plan) and associated TIDPs (Task Information Delivery Plans) and MPDTs (Model Production Delivery Tables) with HS2 Information Management specifications and associated BBVs processes.
- Coordinate the delivery and integration teams and supply chain members with the Projects MIDP and associated TIDPs and MPDTs.
- Support the CDE training needs for the project team on and ongoing basis.
- Assist in training and developing staff during onboarding,
- Ensure the Project coding structure is used by the Project integration teams including supply chain members.
- Monitor the efficiency of Information Management processes and identify improvements to current processes for optimisation.
Who we’re looking for
- A relevant professional qualification is desirable.
- Knowledge of computer aided engineering tools and methodology is desirable
- Some experience of Power BI is required.
- Knowledge and some experience of Building Information Modelling (BIM) and its importance to engineering infrastructure.
- Knowledge of Autodesk (e.g. AutoCAD, Civil 3D, Revit) and Bentley Systems (e.g. MicroStation, AECOsim and iTwin) software and their interaction with Bentley ProjectWise/ other prime engineering project collaboration software are desirable.
- Knowledge of architecture and functionality of other relevant IT applications and experience of Asset Information Systems is desirable.
- Awareness of creation of powershell scripts for use with ProjectWise is desirable.
- Experience in relational databases (Oracle and SQL) is desirable.
- Experience of IT service management processes is desirable.
- Experience of analysing and documenting complex business processes is desirable.
Why work for us
Balfour Beatty VINCI (BBV) is responsible for designing and building part of the most exciting and challenging infrastructure project in Europe: HS2.
We are building the West Midlands section of HS2’s Phase One route, spanning approximately 90km from Long Itchington in Warwickshire to the centre of Birmingham and on to Handsacre in Staffordshire. We will be employing thousands of people from the region to design and build the civil infrastructure for HS2 and we are looking for a wide range of skills to join the team and support this unique and ground breaking project.
Diversity and Inclusion: We aim to be a leader in equality, diversity and inclusion by creating a safe inclusive working environment for all – living our values of Safety, Respect, Integrity and Leadership. We are positive and inclusive about making adjustments, providing flexible working, encouraging all staff to engage in a diverse range of year round learning opportunities and provide personal development opportunities. Our aim is to attract more people from diverse backgrounds to help us build on our inclusive culture.
Flexible working: Flexible or agile working is encouraged at BBV and we recognise the value and diversity of candidates which this can bring to our business operations. Not every role can provide a variety of working patterns to suit people’s personal needs however we are happy to discuss agile working opportunities at BBV with you.
Disability confident: We care about being inclusive and that means we encourage applications from people with diverse set of backgrounds and experiences. BBV is Disability Confident committed and we welcome applications from candidates with a disability.
Balfour Beatty VINCI is a long established joint venture between two global leaders in the delivery of critical infrastructure. Working together for over 30 years, we have been successful in delivering a number of significant infrastructures; creating unrivalled expertise and capability across rail, highways and aviation sectors in the UK and beyond.
In 2008, we announced our formal alliance with the aim of delivering modern and innovative solutions to the UK’s infrastructure needs. Since then, our collaboration has gone from strength to strength. We’ve successfully bid and delivered many key projects for Crossrail and Highways England Smart Motorways Programme. Balfour Beatty VINCI is a powerhouse for critical infrastructure.