As-Built BIM Lead
About the role:
This role is responsible for the implementation and delivery of the SCS As-Built process as per the Employer’s As-Built specification. The As-Built BIM lead is responsible for coordinating and managing the high-quality digital representation of assets (documentation, geospatial, geometrical and non-geometrical information) for the progressive handover to HS2. The As-Built BIM lead is required to coordinate and manage as-built records (e.g. redline drawings, as-built BIM models, as-built drawings, as-built survey data) for various deliverable streams, including but not limited to Health and Safety file records, Asset Information Management, Technical Assurance, Survey, Temporary Works and Third Parties.
- Responsible for the continuous development and delivery of the project-wide Redline and As-Built procedures in accordance with the Employer’s BIM and As-Built requirements
- Incorporate Supply chain and sub-contractors’ deliverables into the redline and as-built process
- Collaboration and coordination with key stakeholders for the overall project as-built production and delivery, including but limited to: Technical Assurance, Engineering, Construction, Survey, Temporary Works, Utilities, Carbon, Handover, Asset Information Management, Health Safety and Environmental/Construction Design and Management
- Work closely with the Handover, Document Control and AssetWise teams to coordinate a streamlined and progressive handover of as-built records required by the Employer Third Parties/stakeholders, utilising the MIDP, TIDP and MPDT where required
- Manage the As-Built BIM Team in the delivery of BIM models in accordance with the Employer’s CAD, Technical Assurance &Asset Information Management requirements, including coordination and validation of information captured from site, any deviations from design via Quality Inspection and Test Plans.
- Management and configuration of ProjectWise workspaces for As-Builts in close collaboration with the ProjectWise Systems Manager
- Support Area Teams to ensure SCS Redline and As-Built production processes are adhered to
- Understand and manage the delivery of Third Party As-Built BIM requirements
- Working closely with the Survey team to ensure as-built surveys are captured and shared with the project team for verification requirements as well as progressive updates of the As-Constructed Information Model
- Collaborate with the GIS team on Employer’s GIS requirements in reference to the constructed condition of the asset
- Drive innovation for automating the production of as-built models and information to increase efficiencies for a timely handover
- Work closely with Survey Teams to ensure progress and as-built survey data is progressively produced for as-built BIM updates as well as sharing of survey information project-wide.
- Guiding and Developing the As-Built BIM Team in terms of skills and competencies, including encouraging behaviors/ cultures and supporting collaboration
- Leading on as-built related commercial issues, including instructions and changes from the Client as well as Subcontractor requirements
The Ideal Candidate
- Prior experience in as-built BIM production in civil engineering
- Thorough knowledge of the development and implementation of BIM Execution Plans and BIM processes on a civil engineering project
- Knowledge of the UK BIM Framework: BS1192 and PAS1192 suite of standards and Government Construction Strategies
- Data driven mindset in relation to the As-Built deliverables as per the Employer’s Requirements
- Strong leadership and communication skills
- Good understanding of survey principles with experience of consuming point cloud information
- Degree of equivalent in engineering or relevant experience and/or professional qualification
- Experience of delivering BIM across various asset lifecycles
- Experience of working within a large infrastructure project environment.
- Experience of 3D CAD production on a civil engineering project.
Proficient with Bentley AECOsim and ProjectWise.
About the Company
The role will work on the HS2 project. HS2 is the UK’s new high speed rail network. It will be a catalyst for economic growth across Britain, freeing up space on the existing railways and connecting 8 out of the UK’s 10 biggest cities with fast, reliable and frequent high speed services
The Skanska | Costain | STRABAG (SCS JV) is delivering the HS2 London Tunnels Contract. Scope of works includes twin-bored tunnels (TBM), SCL tunnels, shaft sinking, bridge demolition and reconstruction, services diversions, earthworks and the construction of site compounds.
You’ll be a welcomed member of the wider team, with opportunities to take on additional responsibility, join one of our networks for women, military or LGBT+ staff, and participate in cultural and social events with the local community (e.g. as a STEM ambassador).
Your personal and professional development is important to us. We welcome a discussion about how we can support you with further study, or professional membership or attainment for example.
HS2 – working with Skanska, Costain and STRABAG, closely monitors job applications, to ensure an inclusive recruitment process. To ensure we are able to maintain this, and to recruit a diverse workforce, we require candidates to complete the diversity form as part of their application so we are able to monitor and improve our approach to diversity. Please note, all responses are anonymous and we will not share any of your data with other parties. All data will be held securely, (as stated within the Data Protection Act 1998) and will be reported to HS2.
It is an SCSJV requirement that all employees, Design House, and Supply Chains must implement and comply with the requirements of ISO 9001:2015 Quality Management System, ISO 14001:2015 Environmental Management System with guidance for use”, OHSAS 18001:2017 Occupational Health and Safety Management Systems and ISO/IEC 27001:2013 Information Security Management System, Policies, Plans, Procedures and Processes, and statutory requirements as they affect the Joint Venture ‘s operations and ensure that the requirements, as applicable within their discipline, are effectively implemented on the project. Develop a culture of safety on the project through the absolute commitment to the Zero Accidents target and ethos, and develops a wider awareness of quality, environmental issues and demonstrates commitment to achieve continual improvement and Zero tolerance.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.