We’re a national law firm with a local reach. Our philosophy is ‘Expert Hand, Human Touch’ – something you’ll find in the way we work with our clients and how we support our teams. But, we’re more than just a law firm – we’re a team, working together to help individuals and businesses navigate life’s ups and downs.
Whichever team you join, working here you’ll feel a part of our friendly and inclusive environment. We’ll value you for who you are and what you bring. We support each other and push boundaries to achieve incredible things, and make a real difference to our clients and communities.
The work we do has been recognised in the awards we’ve won. We’re committed to being even better, and our awards help to show we’re on the right track.
We recognise that the office 9-5 isn’t for everyone. That’s why we’ve introduced ‘Flexible by Choice’. Whether it’s working from home, in our offices, or a combination of the both, we trust each other to support our clients, colleagues and communities at the right time, in the right way.
To provide litigation and administrative support to Costs Team case handlers who provide quality legal costs advice to clients and progress cases in the most efficient manner. The Costs Administrator will undertake some case handling tasks for case handlers, to build a rapport with, and provide an excellent level of customer service to the Group’s clients and become an integral part of Costs Management Team.
- Managing internal mailboxes and dealing with a variety of queries.
- Preparing electronic files to be outsourced to external suppliers when capacity is limited internally.
- Preparing narratives for inclusion within client bills, settling out the work done on the case and dealing with client billing instructions to the Accounts team.
- Manage the client journey and experience by taking messages from clients, providing case updates and progress information, and responding to all other enquiries (by phone, letter and email).
- Deal with relevant case correspondence by composing letters on case handler’s request, respond independently to correspondence including chase up letters, acknowledgment letters etc., and ensuring appropriate enclosures are attached to letters.
- Open case files to ensure all relevant tasks on Legis are run and that all team files are in good order and in accordance with agreed practice.
- Manage financial matters, dealing with accounts queries and obtain 3e printouts (including matter listings), and ensuring Cost Team records are kept up to date and orderly.
- Deal with relevant administration duties.
- Assist with BD&C activities and arrange training where applicable.
- GCSEs or equivalent including Maths and English.
- RSA Typing Stage 3 or equivalent (desirable)
- Ability to work on own initiative.
- Good written and oral communication skills
- Knowledge and understanding of case management systems.
- Time management and organisation
- Grammar and punctuation
- Accuracy and attention to detail
- Enthusiasm and willingness to contribute to the team.
- Good Administration & organisational ability
- Computer Literate with experience of numerous Microsoft systems
- Team Player
- Professional telephone and face-to-face manner
- Professional written communication
- Ability to work under pressure.
- 25 days annual leave, with the opportunity to buy additional leave
- Two fundraising days in a year to give back to the community (fully paid!)
- Westfield Health membership, offering discounted leisure and travel and refunds on medical services
We also offer a huge number of well-being initiatives to encourage positive mental health both in and out of the workplace as well as flexible working options to ensure that you are fully supported to work the way that best suits you. Our social responsibility programme is fundamental to who we are. We’re committed to being a diverse and inclusive workplace where our colleagues can flourish. We have a range of groups to celebrate our people across sexuality, disability, age, gender and culture.
We welcome applications from all diversity groups and backgrounds. We’re committed to enabling everyone to thrive and understanding and celebrating our differences is a key part of that. We’re proud of our work on the Disability Confident scheme, on the Race At Work Charter and as Stonewall Diversity Champions. We also have a range of networks for LGBT+, disability, generations, gender, social mobility, ethnicity, faith and culture to celebrate our people and to enable everyone to thrive.
As part of the Irwin Mitchell Group’s on-boarding process all successful applicants are required to complete the group’s employment screening process. This process helps to ensure that all new employees meet our standards in relation to honesty and integrity therefore protecting the interests of the Group, existing employees, clients, partners and other stakeholders.
Depending on the role you apply for we may carry out checks that will establish your eligibility to work in the UK, and criminal record check and financial checks with a credit reference agency will also be undertaken.
The employment screening process will fully comply with Data Protection and other applicable laws.
Irwin Mitchell LLP is an equal opportunity employer.