WHAT YOU WILL BE DOING
Join our community.
An exciting secondment opportunity for a part qualified accountant has arisen within the Financial Reporting team as part of Gesban, who play an important role within Santander by providing monthly, quarterly and annual reporting for Santander UK Plc (SanUK) and its subsidiaries.
You will be responsible for detailed retail product analysis, delivering deliverables to stakeholders around the bank; including but not limited to reporting on operational and finance leases, intercompany agreements and posting to retail and corporate products’ income and fees to the financial ledger ensuring the correct application of accounting standards.
The difference you’ll make.
- Undertaking processes related to operation and finance lease reporting, including detailed analysis, journal postings for retail and corporate products.
- Reviewing intercompany relationships of counterparties under financial review of Gesban ensuring conditions are met and up to date.
- Reconciliation of Santander Asset Finance subsidiaries including accounting month end and quarterly reporting.
- Investigating and responding to ad hoc queries, from various stakeholders, related to allocated entities and ensuring timely and accurate responses
- Supporting the wider reporting team in SanUK statutory accounting and subsidiary financial reporting
- Ensuring EUC compliance of team’s processes with up-to-date process documentation
- Getting involved in projects related to new systems / products or that aim to improve overall quality and efficiency in processes and deliverables to stakeholders
What you’ll bring.
- Ideally part qualified accountant – ACA / ACCA / CIMA, or experience equivalent.
- Data analytics experience with intermediate excel skills
It would also be nice for you to have.
- Proactive, task focused and problem-solving skills with good attention to detail
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Experience in accounting principles, month/year end reporting in a Financial/MI environment
What else you need to know.
This role is 12 months full-time contract role with a hybrid working model of 2-3 days working from office.
How we’ll reward you.
As well as a salary, we offer a wide range of benefits that you can choose from and tailor to your needs.
- Your salary, bonus (where eligible) and certain benefits will be prorated to reflect your contract duration.
- Pension with generous contributions of up to 12.5% from Santander, depending on your own contribution and length of employment with us
- 27 days’ holiday plus bank holidays, which increases to 28 days after 5yrs service, with the option to purchase up to 5 contractual days per year
- Voluntary healthcare benefits at discounted rates. Including: Bupa medical insurance, dental insurance, healthcare cash plan and health assessments
- Benefits supporting you and your family, such as death-in-service benefit, income protection, and voluntary life assurance and critical illness cover
- 24/7 access to an online employee discount platform including retailers, entertainment, eating out, travel and more
- Share in Santander’s success by investing in our share plans
- Support your favourite causes through charitable giving and our community partnerships
#ThePlaceToBeYourself – Everyday Inclusion at Santander
We are committed to making sure all our colleagues feel they belong and are supported to succeed. Our customers come from a wide range of backgrounds, and so do our people, so we welcome applications from across society.
You can find out more about how we’re embedding an inclusive culture that encourages our people to bring their full and authentic selves to work on our Inclusion and Belonging page.
A bit more about Santander
At Santander we’re driven by our purpose – to help people and businesses prosper. This means we help customers to create change for themselves and those around them, and we champion businesses to grow sustainably. We do this by always living our values of Simple, Personal and Fair.
At Santander, we each take personal responsibility for managing risk by embracing the I AM Risk framework – to Identify, Assess, Manage and Report risks, and to continuously build a deeper understanding of the risks we face. It is an important part of our culture at Santander and we will provide you with knowledge to help you manage risks in your role
What to do next:-
If this sounds like a role you’re interested in, then please apply.
If there’s anything we can do in the recruitment process to help you achieve your best, get in touch. Whether it’s a copy of our application form in another format or additional assistance, we’re available through telephone, email, or face to face. You can contact us at email@example.com or call 0870 414 9080.
Why not join our talent community where we’ll keep you updated with all the latest news and job information? Simply register your details on our careers site, ‘Join our Talent Community’.