Academy Development Manager
Location: Central Area
Working as part of a dedicated and specialist team, the role of Academy Development Manager (ADM) is to deliver capable, competent and highly productive new Partners and Advisers to the Partnership in line with the agreed Corporate objectives.
The ADM is the primary point of contact between new Partners and Advisers and St. James’s Place (SJP). This relationship is key to the new joiner experience and is delivered by a unified approach to development for all new Partners and Advisers, across all lanes, on their route to the Partnership.
This is a home-based role with travel requirements to engage with Partners/Advisers (subject to Covid restrictions).
What you’ll be doing:
- To hold the regulatory responsibility of ‘Nominated Supervisor’ for a team of new Partners and Advisers and be accountable for their activity and behaviour.
- Develop new Partners and Adviser skillset, knowledge and application to enable them to perform their roles capably and competently and provide high quality Advice and ongoing service to their Clients.
- To assist new Partners and Advisers in maximising their business potential within SJP and to support the achievement of Corporate growth objectives.
- To provide a bespoke learner journey which inspires and encourages Partners and Advisers to engage, consult and continually enhance their advice skills, business plans, systems, marketing, people management (if applicable) and quality of advice and documentation.
- To deliver a Partner/Adviser to the Partnership capable of achieving the long-term growth and productivity needed to build a sustainable business.
- To provide support as required for Partners and Advisers to help them achieve their professional qualifications and maintain knowledge through CPD.
- Appropriate monitoring of Partner and Adviser finances to ensure that the ‘fit and proper’. requirements are met, and any financial arrangements agreed with Partners and Advisers are managed prudently to minimise the risk of financial loss to SJP.
We are looking for someone who has:
- QCF Level 4 qualification e.g. the CII Diploma in Regulated Financial Planning.
- A strong understanding of current FCA regulations.
- The ability to maintain competence at a level commensurate with a CF30 individual.
- Skills to establish rapport with new Partners and Advisers, developing trust and credibility through long-term relationships is key.
- The ability to coach and develop others, helping new Partners and Advisers to establish their business and become successful.
- Strong analytical skills, with the ability to analyse key performance indicators and trend analysis to develop a clear understanding of each Partner and Adviser’s business and to address any issues identified early, within compliance guidelines.
- A strong sense of commercial acumen enabling you to act as a business consultant with Partners and Advisers to assist with their business planning, client acquisition and servicing strategies.
- Confidence and the ability to train and support new Partners and Advisers on SJP’s Quality of Advice documentation standards and coach effectively on the feedback received from Business Assurance.
- Demonstrable integrity and professionalism.
- The ability to ensure new Partners and Advisers are supported and developed appropriately to enable suitable first-time case submissions and a robust client servicing strategy
- The desire to maintain a working knowledge of all products and services available to support Partners and Advisers
- A good knowledge of best practice and the SJP support available to assist Partners and Advisers in the growth of their business.
Special Requirements – Please be aware that this position is a Certification role under the Senior Managers and Certification Regime.
Thank you for taking an interest in a career with St. James’s Place Wealth Management. We are an equal opportunities employer and committed to ensuring all applicants will be treated in a fair and equal manner and in accordance with the law regardless of gender, marital status, race, religion, colour, age, disability or sexual orientation.
Research tells us that applicants (especially those from underrepresented groups) can be put off from applying for a role if they do not meet all the criteria, or have been on an extended career-break. If you think you would be a good match for this role and can demonstrate some transferable experience please apply, regardless of whether you tick every box.
We are open to discussing reduced hours, job share arrangements and flexible working so please ask the question and start a conversation!
Why work for us?
In joining us we aim to give peace of mind for you and your loved one’s futures. In addition to an attractive salary and eligibility to participate in the discretionary annual bonus opportunities, you will also receive an excellent benefit package including:
- Non-Contributory Pension – 10% (increasing with length of service) with further pension matching
- Meaningful protection benefits with real value, such as 10X life cover, PHI, and critical illness.
- Share schemes that enable all employees to have a stake in SJP
- Best in class terms and conditions including flexible working and 6 months paid maternity and paternity leave.
- Private Medical and Dental Insurance
- 28 days holiday entitlement increasing with length of service (with the option to buy an additional up to 5 days
- Cycle to work scheme
- Employee Volunteering