Job Title: Graduate Assistant Quantity Surveyor
We’re looking for bright and committed graduates who will bring energy, new ideas and a fresh perspective to help us become the recognised leader and transform the construction and engineering industry.
Assist with the commercial function within a project or office, with the provision of a commercial, contractual, and financial management service. Whilst under supervision; to ensure project profit objectives and targets are met and cash and margin are managed to maximise performance, all in a manner consistent with the Group processes.
Dependent on Project Location
Quantity Surveying and Commercial Management, Construction Management, Maths, Accounting or Law will be considered for this role
Key Deliverables and Accountabilities
- Assist with the commercial function within project or office
- Implementation of company commercial practices.
- Supporting Commercial duties including measurement, valuation and agreement of work sections, under supervision.
- Assist with preparation of interim applications for payment and internal valuations.
- Assist with the management and reporting of monthly costs
- Drafting and administering of simple subcontracts
- Preparation, maintenance and filing of records.
- Keep your manager fully advised of any issue/risk which has arisen or might arise, and which could affect the business/project
- Communicating clearly and confidently to a professional standard
- Assisting with the preparation of Final Account, including pricing.
- Preparing and maintaining spreadsheets
The Laing O’Rourke Graduate Development Programme – what can you expect?
Our graduate programme is designed to embrace and develop your capabilities. Most importantly, you will be encouraged to continue learning throughout your career. You will be stretched, challenged and supported by a business that views your personal development and the achievement of professional accreditation as a priority.
Our programme will give you the practical experience, technical learning and professional development while being part of the some of the most exciting construction and infrastructure projects in the UK.
We are looking for graduates who meet the following criteria:
- Eligible to work in the UK with a valid work permit if applicable
- Full mobility as you may be required to relocate for your role
- Strong numeracy and literacy skills
- A degree course with a clear route to professional accreditation
- Your degree classification should be 2:1 or higher
**The Graduate Development Programme will commence in September 2022**
We are an equal opportunity employer and encourage applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of gender, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity.