2021 Legal School Work Experience (16-19 August)N.Ireland
Pinsent Masons Virtual Legal School Work Experience Programme
Join us on a week’s virtual work experience placement and you’ll get a full overview of what it’s like to work at a leading commercial law firm. You’ll get valuable experience and discover for yourself what law in practice is really like. What’s more, the experience will give your CV a real boost.
You’ll learn how the law has a commercial impact on our clients and find out about practice areas like Banking and Employment. You’ll also get an insight into the qualifications you might need for a legal career, so you can make future decisions based on knowledge and experience. We think it’s a great virtual placement and probably why we were the top ranked law firm in Rate My Apprenticeship’s Top 100 Employers 2018, 2019 and 2020.
Whatever your background, legal knowledge or experience it’s a great way to get an insight into the commercial world and develop your skill-set. If you don’t meet the criteria listed on our website but there are mitigating circumstances that explain why you’ve failed to meet the minimum academic requirements, there’s an opportunity for you to include this information in your application.
Before you apply, please make sure that you’re going to be available for the period below. You will also require access to a computer/or laptop and an Internet connection. You may find it beneficial to have a headset although this is not mandatory.
- Virtual Legal School Work Experience Programme Northern Ireland ONLY: Monday 16th -Thursday 19th August 2021
We’ll review all applications after the closing date and have designed the process to ensure you’ll know the outcome in no more than 3 months after the closing date. Please note that we won’t accept any applications after this time. You’ll need to do some research to answer some of the questions on the form. So, if you’re serious about applying, please don’t leave it to the last minute.
Some hints and tips when making your application:
- Detail – A good lawyer needs a keen eye for detail, so it’s important that you make sure everything’s correct in your application. That means checking your spelling, grammar and punctuation. Then checking it again.
- Answer the question – It might sound obvious, but it’s easy to get side-tracked in your answers. So, think about the questions and give detailed answers that show you understand what we’re asking.
- Choose your words wisely – Keep an eye on character limits too, so your answers aren’t too long or don’t give enough information.
- Give real life examples – If you’ve done other work experience in the past, let us know. It could help your application if we know you’ve already developed certain skills. Tell us what you learned about yourself and highlight your strengths and weaknesses.
- Ask a friend to check it – It’s easy to miss your own mistakes, so, before you submit your application, get a friend or family member to check it for any mistakes or missing details.
- Give it the time it deserves – Most of all, don’t leave your application to the last minute. Remember ‘fail to prepare; prepare to fail!’